The TSOP1838 is an IR Receiver Modules for Remote Control Systems. Looking to buy or find the datasheet. Look here.
It has the following features:
• Very low supply current
• Photo detector and preamplifier in one package
• Internal filter for PCM frequency
• Improved shielding against EMI
• Supply voltage: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
• Improved immunity against ambient light
• Insensitive to supply voltage ripple and noise
Software for the TSOP1838
There is an excellent page by Ken Shirriff which also carries an excellent library that i have used. There is an updated version now for arduino 1.0.
I thought the program would display the actual command for eg RC5 such as “play” or “stop” but rather than that it displayed the code of the transmission.
If the button is held you get FFFFFFFF until you release. You can see the output for the IRrecvDemo.ino program below.
Of course its not a big deal to translate these codes into the commands just that i was expecting it to be already done for me.
Yes i am a lazy SOAB. Here is a local copy of this library.
Here is a picture of the setup.